An initial inspection is critical for SERVPRO professionals to effectively resolve unique water damage concerns in each property disaster restoration
Our crews are available for professional property damage restoration each day, our team has been helping property owners recover from disasters for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re facing a storm, flood, weakened roof, HVAC leak, kitchen fire, electrical fire or appliance malfunction, property problems are distressing and threaten your property’s safety and value. Finding the initial cause of the damage and addressing the issue is half the battle, the other half is mitigating the damages. The extent of the damages can be misleading when looking at the outside surface but often additional concerns can reach deeper into the materials and structure of your property. Due to the varied nature of property damage, the cost can range from high to low. Here’s a look into factors that will affect the price of a property damage mitigation and restoration.
What to Expect During Property Restoration Services
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your property damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Emergency Contact: After a property disaster or emergency at your Brooklyn home or business, your call to us will connect you to one of our trained SERVPRO restoration professionals to take some basic information to provide to our project managers and technicians.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name, address and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
Inspection and Damage Assessment including Estimate:
One of our trained professionals will come and assess your property damage. What type of water loss was it? How much of the property is affected? These answers are critical to addressing the unique solution for your restoration needs.
These key factors can determine the amount of mitigation, restoration and rebuild needed to recover your property following a disaster:
- The type of water affecting the property. Clean water from a burst plumbing pipe poses less risk than “black water” from the sewer or debris-laden floodwaters. The type of water that has damaged your property makes a big difference in what it will take to appropriately treat the damage.
- The types of materials involved. The type of soot and smoke damage a property sustains is dependent on unique factors for each fire. Porous materials will swell, warp, and disintegrate when it’s wet. The makeup of damaged structures and property strongly affect the approach and costs for cleanup and restoration.
- How deeply the structure is affected. The size of the affected area and how deeply the damage penetrated subsurfaces can determine the timeline and cost of your disaster recovery. Water and fire can cause many “hidden” losses, and a professional will carefully identify and evaluate the potential for deeper, unseen damages.
- How long the property has been damaged. Mitigation efforts are most effective when they happen immediately after the damage happens. If a property has been standing in water for a long time or wasn’t appropriately treated when the water was removed, the damage may have worsened significantly. The growth of mold, mildew, and bacteria also becomes an increasingly major concern the longer a property stays wet.
Property Emergencies Happen Everyday
Acting fast after property damage could mean the difference between restoring your home or business quickly or needing extensive and expensive reconstruction. Knowing the proper steps to take and which company to turn to after experiencing fire damage to your Brooklyn property can play a significant role in your restoration effort. Choosing SERVPRO of Southwest Brooklyn provides an experienced project manager and crew with extensive training and advanced technology to implement a cleanup, mitigation and recovery plan unique to your fire damage concerns. Our SERVPRO team never stops being READY to handle your Brooklyn fire, water or mold property disaster, we have the best staff, with the best resources standing ready to answer your call quickly and restore your home or business, “Like it never even happened.”